Friday, October 19, 2007

Career Goals

Now that I am on the path to becoming a nurse I have several goals set for myself. I hope to:

-Graduate from UNH in May 2010 with a nursing degree and a nutrition minor
-Pass the NCLEX exam
-Obtain a job in a Boston hospital
-Become the best nurse I can be by using my clinical skills, training and education that I have received
-Continue to expand my knowledge in the profession by taking classes, attending seminars, reading published articles, books, magazines, etc.
-Become a confident, caring and compassionate nurse that anyone and everyone can trust
-Make a difference in people’s lives
-Be looked upon positively by my coworkers

I expect these goals to grow and change as I begin my career as a nurse. I have not had any clinical experience thus far, so I am not sure if I want to specialize in a certain area. I love working with children/infants so I may like to work in pediatrics or maternity.